We’re excited you’re checking out Harbor Covenant!
Three organizing principles help define what we are about:
Reaching people for Christ
Living lives of compassion,mercy, and justice.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Sundays, 10:00 a.m. gathering (approximately 70 minutes)
On a typical Sunday we sing rock-driven songs led by a live band, hear an inspiring and challenging sermon, pray for the needs of the world, and share communion every week.
Kids’ Church (ages 4-5th grade) & Nursery (ages 0-3)
Sundays, 8:30 a.m. gathering (approximately 60 minutes)
On a typical Sunday we sing some classic hymns and newer acoustic guitar-driven songs, hear an inspiring and challenging sermon and pray for the needs of our world. We also share communion once per month, and have a choir that sings regularly.
Nursery (ages 0-3)
Mondays, 7:00 p.m. gathering (approximately 50 minutes)
A typical Monday evening doesn’t feel like church at all. We meet in our cafe area of the Gathering Place around tables. One of the pastors will spend time talking about a relevant issue and what the Bible has to say. We further engage with the topic through video, songs, prayer, art, and optional discussion time. We also share communion.
Nursery (ages 0-4)
ON YOUR FIRST VISIT
1. Be our guest! Grab a complimentary coffee and feel free to bring it into the Worship Center. During the portion of the service where we ask people to financially contribute please just let the plate pass, we’re just glad you are our guest.
2. Be open to God
3. Participate as much or little as you want
4. Join a few of the pastors at the “Have We Met?” table in the Gathering Place immediately after the service. We love the opportunity to just say hi, introduce ourselves and learn your name. We don’t single out visitors during service and won’t make you uncomfortable.
A FEW OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
1. We have plenty of parking! If you have small children, have limited mobility or are new to Harbor Covenant, we invite you to park in the area nearest the buildings.
2. There’s no dress code. Please come as you are.
We know you love your kids and it is a high priority for us that they find church a fun and safe place! When you bring your 0-3 year old child to the nursery, we will ask you to fill out the registration form and take a security bracelet. Your child will only be released to the adult with the matching bracelet. During the 8:30 a.m. service, children remain with their parents and activity bags are available for them to enjoy and learn from. For the 10:00 service, kids go directly to Kids’ Church in Room 101 (The JAR) in our Education Wing to sign in. At Kids’ Church, there will be a variety of activities from drama to singing to prayer to games. After the service, you can return to The JARto pick up your child(ren).
We invite you into the Gathering Place to meet the pastors (look for a “Have We Met?” sign) and also chat with others in the congregation.